Book review 32 - End Of Days by Susan Ee

Pages: 344
Publisher: Skyscape
Publication Date: May 12, 2015
Summary:
After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?
My Thoughts:
My feelings towards this book are really mixed. When I rate a book, I usually feel the star rating before I give it to the book. Meaning I know based on my reactions and stuff whether a book is a 5 or a 1 star. That being said, this book doesn't really fit that as well as usual. End of Days was not a bad book at all, in fact it was quite good. But, for me, it wasn't a conclusion book. There was a conclusion at the end, but it wasn't what the last book in a trilogy usually is for me. 
One problem I had with the book that I think sealed the deal for me is how sexual it was. The reason I loved book 1 and 2 so much were because there was a minor romance, but it was minor and it did not take over the storyline. Penryn always remembered that she was in the middle of the apocalypse and that dating the enemy wasn't the way to go. Yet in book 3 we get all this romance and all these romantic thoughts and actions and I just felt like I was thrown into the romantic plot having missed a ton of books because while they were always "in love" with each other in book 2, the shift from that to this was extreme. I wanted a conclusion that was happy for them both, definitely, but not an entire book of teenage hormones.
I still absolutely adored all the characters. I loved Raffe, Penryn, her sister, her mom and the watchers. I loved meeting new characters and getting reunited with old ones. And besides the random sexual plot, they were all very similar and amazing like usual.
The plot itself was good. I loved the ending, but it had one of those endings where everything was a little TOO easy. Like it was great but at the same time they were a bit too lucky. But I'm happy about the ending in general except for that one thing which is that Raffe gave up his wings again. That I definitely don't like at all.

Overall, a great series. I won't say it was bad, I absolutely love and recommend it, despite my 3.5 star rating. It's not that I wanted more, it's just that it was much different than I thought it would be. Read this series, love this series, tell everyone in the world to read this series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up