Book review 13 - Confess by Colleen Hoover

Pages: 306
Publisher: Atria Books
Publication date: March 10, 2015
Summary: 
Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.
For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.
The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…
My thoughts:
There are so many words. More words than I will ever know, and yet there are none that can accurately tell you how much this book was beautiful. Colleen Hoover has overtaken Jodi Picoult and become my favourite author. It's so hard to review her books because how many times can I tell you that I love her, that her writing and characters are flawless, and that everything is perfect. She writes heartbreaking, stunningly beautiful stories that make me sad for days. I honestly have never cried as hard during a book as I cried during this one.
The concept of this book was amazing. I loved Owen's art and how he uses Confessions as inspiration. Auburn's story was so good and I just love the little twists Hoover likes to throw in the middle of all her books to make everything that much more heartbreaking. These two were such perfectly flawed and beautiful characters.

I sobbed the entire last chapter of the book I really don't know what else to tell you other than this book heart my hurt, made me feel EVERYTHING, and made me forget where I was at times. 
The book hangover on this one is really strong and I hurt. It's been a long time since I read a book in one day, let alone one sitting.
Read it. Please. Seriously though read this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up